Tuesday, August 30, 2011

School and Such

Does anyone read this anymore?

Well, to anyone that still follows our random adventures and doesn't mind reading my weird musings, here's a little update for you!

Well, my internship at Icon ended last Wednesday.
It was very bitter sweet.

I was excited to be starting my SECOND TO LAST SEMESTER at USU

But sad to be leaving Icon because I had learned so much there!

Plus, they just invested in this little cutie...

This camera also happens to be a medium format digital camera

and it's also $30,000

and my boss let me take a few photos with it for kicks and giggles.

Holy Cow.

Everyone that loves photography at all should have a chance to shoot with that camera.

It was a beautiful thing

Well anyways, the blow of ending my internship was softened when they offered me a freelance assisting position with them! They'll call me whenever they have location shoots and such and I'm nothing but happy about it. After talking to my boss about freelance assisting, another opportunity to do a little freelance assisting came up! This time with none other then The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!

Yep. I'll be assisting the church!

I actually went and did my first job with them on Saturday and we shot some stuff for the new "For the Strength of Youth" pamphlet. Definitely not the kind of assisting I was used to but I learned a lot from a veteran photographer!

There are 6 on staff photographers at the church and the great thing about freelance assisting is it is pretty lenient and I can kind of pick and choose when I want to work. Which will be nice because we just started...

SCHOOL!

Well, because of my first freelancing job with Icon I had to skip my first class of the new semester.... meaning I had to live through Clay's first day of school.

I got up early and made Clay banana pancakes, smiled way to much, asked Clay if he was nervous one too many times, and then I took first day of school pictures... as you can see he was very excited about my picture taking idea.
yes, he refused to smile. But I'm sure he was excited on the inside! Just not about me taking pictures like an overly excited mom :)

I however was much more excited. See the super cheesy, picture of me below...

I've only got 3 classes I'm actually attending up on campus. 19th century photographic processes, studio photography, and painting. Should be a fun semester!

I also must say, it is so fun having Clay going to classes at the same time I am.
We get to meet in between classes, have mini dates at "The Hub" and take Institute together.

And just between you and me, I like being one of the people that gets to hold hands with their significant other and walk around campus. :)

Wish us luck as we start our new semester!

XOXO


Thought I'd leave you with this lil gem. Because I'm super cool and wear fedoras these days.


2 comments:

David, Kari, Davie, Macy & Violet said...

That camera would make me scared just to hold it! Haha, also I'm so glad the church is getting new photos for the strength of the youth :) Hopefully you were able to help them look less early 90's. That would be a fun job.

Aubrie said...

You two are so cute! Congratulations on the job!!