Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fish Heads & Lightning Bolts

Man, I'm not very good at this whole "keeping the blog updated" thing am I?

And honestly, I don't think we've been that busy (pretty sure Clay would disagree with that pretty strongly :) )

Same old thing going on here in Logan!
School for Clay, work for me.

And now Clay has a new job that I'm sure will tie us up as well. (YAY Beehive Grill! )

I'm sure we'll still find times for adventures though, especially since there are only a few weeks left in the summer *sniff*

Well, anyways, onto a little of lately!
A couple weeks ago was the official "Reed Family Camping Trip"
I was informed that it wasn't really a camping trip because we stayed in a cabin instead of tents which has been the norm up to this point.

I have to tip my hat at my sisters-in-law.

They've braved camping in tents with their tiny kids up to this point. So brave.
They'll probably drop me off in the wilderness for a few days with my future kidlets just so I can get a taste.

But anyways, it was WAY to much fun. We stayed up playing card games (which I did NOT cheat at thank you very much)
ate lots and lots of delicious food (Thank you thank you mama-in-law Melissa!)
went fishing
watched movies
taught the kids how to howl like wolves
and watched for wildlife.

And because it's me, here's the trip in pictures...













Probably the worst pictures in the world of us... we're a little ridiculous





Last weekend I headed to "The Motherland" (Wyoming) with my dad and Britton for what I dubbed the "Man Trip"

Before participating in hair-growth inducing activities, we stopped in Cody for Eric and Lauren's open house.



This picture made me laugh so hard. Look and my grandpa's face...


Then it was off to the mountains for some adventuring!
The fearless crew...
and one of my most favorite pictures of my grandpa.. He LOVES the mountains

We found this old burnt out cabin while cruising on the razors. Just the fireplace left...

Bait
and our catch

at 84 my grandpa is still a champ
Britton loved fishing
and of course my grandpa caught the biggest fish of the day
we got followed around by some cows... kinda weird.

and of course, I couldn't help but take some artsy pictures.
In other news, we had an AWESOME lightning storm the other night.
Clay and I just sat out on our porch for about an hour watching it. Of course, I took some pictures. Clay said it reminded him of the Philippines.



I'm hoping to find some time to go through and clean some of these up. They could potentially be pretty neat-o!

Next on our list...

Wedding next weekend for one of Clay's mission buddies
he's the best man, I'm the photographer :)

Editing photos for one of my most favorite engagement sessions EVER!
I might post some preview pics on here... they are adorable.

Also... keep an eye out for my NEW photography website... coming soon. It's gonna be sa-weet!

XOXO

No comments: