Saturday, April 7, 2012

My Newest Love

So I've mentioned on here that I've been hard at work at school working toward my BFA show
I was extremely inspired by a workshop that was hosted by a visiting photographer and decided I wanted to explore the process more...

And I fell in love with Collodion Wet Plates 

Collodion Wet Plates were one of the first photographic processes created way back in the 1800's and I can't believe how incredible they are

One of a kind images created on tin plates. Amazing

I think one of the main draws that they have for me is that they are so unusual! There is so much that goes into preparing to make an image, and it does take a certain amount of skill. It is just so different from the "fauxtographers" you see these days and it has given me a new appreciation for early photographers and the work they put into creating images. 

And I don't think I've had this much fun shooting in a LONG time. 

My show is opening in Gallery 102 up on the USU campus starting Monday! 
If you're in the area, please come check it out! 

But until then, here is a little preview of what you'll see, but trust me, there is nothing better then seeing the wet plates in person. 

Hope to see you all at our closing reception, April 13th! 

XOXO 



No comments: