Friday, July 16, 2010

A Book, A Bad idea, and a Business Plan


Hey Readers!


Just a few quick updates from my neck of the woods



FIRST



This book

It is officially in my top 3 favorite books of all time. I don't even know where to start! Well, first off you get hooked from the get-go. Mary Ann Shaffer has one of the most charming writing styles I've ever experienced. By the time you've finished with it a few hours later (because it is not possible to put this book down after you've picked it up) you've laughed and cried and you feel like every single one of the characters you've been with for the past few hours are your best friends. I can't recommend this book highly enough! This is going to sound pretty cheesey but it was literally a joy to read. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go read it and tell me what you thought of it because I've been DYING to share this little book with others and see if it makes you as happy as it made me! You won't be disappointed if you have any taste in books at all.


Warning: This quotes definitely applies here "reading good books ruins you for enjoying bad ones"-From The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

If you would rather keep your dime a dozen, cheap paperback novels around you'd better pass this book up. ;)




NEXT



A Bad Idea



So last weekend myself, Rach, Corey, and Marissa went up to Rachael's cabin in island park. It was a great time overall but we did end up making a bad decision...



We floated Big Springs



On a Sunday




The day started out really nice


Notice the happy, smiling faces


and the beautiful blue sky




Well, after a few hours we were chastised for our bad idea



and we ended up walking our innertubes 2 hours down the river in a lightning storm

On my honor I will never break the sabbath again.

It was terrifying


Alright, that was a bit of an overreaction but we did learn our lesson.



LAST


A Business Plan


Well, as most of you that read this blog know, I haven't had a job in a while. School/traveling makes it kind of hard to keep up steady employment I'm afraid


So, I've decided to start up a sort of business using one of the only skills I have...


Photography!




Pretty obvious right? I've noticed that lots of people without professional photography experience starting up "businesses" so I figured, why can't someone who DOES have some photographic experience under her belt contribute to society?


So, I'm officially announcing my unofficial photography business!


As of right now, I'm charging about $10 an hour which translates into about $30 for a 1 hour session plus editing and we'll see how it goes!



I'm hoping I'll get some business by word-of-mouth and if that's going well, I'll get a website going and start advertising a little more!



If any of my readers are interested, Bethany's official/unofficial photography business is now in operation!


I'll photograph

Kids

Engagements/Bridals/Weddings (See THIS post)

Families

Seniors

Pets

Anything else you can come up with!

.... If you do schedule an appointment with me..... I might just make this face for you.... just sayin

PS All photos of the boy in the blue (cute little Trevor) are from one of my recent sessions. He made it pretty easy cuz he's just so dang cute.

If you like what you see, give me a call!

Peace Out!

4 comments:

Rachel Steed said...

I just barely read "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" on a recommendation from my mom, and sounds like I loved it just as much as you! My favorite part was when Isola and Kit locked Billee Bee (whose name reminded me of you) in the smokehouse with the claustrophobic parrot. Everyone at work thought I was going crazy, I was laughing so hard!

Becky said...

Bethany you bad, bad girl. This is why you never see the utah baird adventurists doing activities on Sunday. lol Funny that you are starting a photography business. I was just thinking of changing my weight loss blog. I can't find any backgrouds I like for it. The wonderful one I had was somehow erased when they changed some of their settings and I can't find it. I started to think about doing my own, but I'm not that skilled in photography. lol I was considering you helping me out. lol So funny. I was just thinking about that yesterday and today. You would do great! You've got a skill for the arts.

Aubrie said...

Um...why didn't I read this BEFORE we were separated in WY? When you DO come visit AZ we would be happy to hire you as our photographer :) You are so cute and fun!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that book!! I think I cried when I read it because I loved it so much! It is totally on my top 5. I loved it.

Anonymous said...

I can't get enough of you! You kill me and inspire me at the exact same time.